Monday, April 7, 2014

"The God Who Sees Me"



"So she called the name of the LORD who spoke to her, 'You are a God of seeing,' for she said, 'Truly here I have seen him who looks after me.'" -Gen. 16:13

Today I didn't just talk to God. Today, I cried out to El-Roi, "The God who sees me". I was driving into work, thinking of a young girl who just found out she is pregnant. I was thinking of three little ones...very special to Julianna and I...But with all this going on in my head, I wasn't praying. I was simply thinking. And I certainly wasn't crying out to El-Roi.

Then, my mom called and informed me that my very pregnant sister-in-law had a seizure and was on the way to the hospital. In that moment, all I could do was cry out. All I could do was beg the God who sees all of it.

I begged God on behalf of His mercy. I thanked Him for His faithfulness to my family but then quickly asked Him to not forsake us now. I clung to my only hope for mery; the cross. I spoke of the blood spilled. I spoke of the wrath that He already poured out on His perfect Son. I begged for mercy... Then, as humbly as I could, I told Him that my head understood His will is always best, but that my heart wasn't ready, nevertheless, His will be done.

El-Roi saw...and He answered:

 
One day Callen Ambrose Ryan will hear of this day. On that day he will hear of El-Roi. The God who saw him, formed him, and then protected him. He will hear of the perseverance of the many who cried out on his behalf. And I hope, on that day, he will then know El-Roi for the rest of his days. Praise to El-Roi! The God who, in His mercy, sees all!

No comments:

Post a Comment